COVID-19 guidelines for Dancefest adults and young people
We’re working hard to ensure everyone feels safe and confident in class, and that all necessary health and safety measures are in place. All the safety measures below comply with the latest government guidelines.
Reasons for advance booking and payment
- We have limited capacity in venues
- To take away the need for handling any cash (reducing contact-transfer points)
- To provide a record for NHS Test and Trace
- Places are booked on a first come first served basis (including payment). A reserve register will operate in the event we don’t have enough spaces available immediately
- Please do not come to class if you are displaying any of the symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, new persistent cough, loss of taste and/or smell) or have tested positive on a lateral flow test or PCR test within 10 days.
- Please don’t arrive more than 10 minutes early for your class
- We recommend you wear a face covering as you enter and leave the building.
- You may continue to wear a face covering during the class, or remove it – this is your choice.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival, using the sanitiser provided, or your own.
Our dance teachers
- We ask our dance teachers to take a lateral flow test within 24 hours before teaching the class.
- We ask our dance teachers to wear a face covering as they enter and leave the building, but not while teaching
Safe social distancing
Please keep a safe social distance of 2 metres away from other dancers to your sides, in front and behind
Ventilation and Layering Up
- Where locations allow, windows and doors will be opened before you arrive to enable good ventilation during the class. Due to the increased ventilation, please bring layers of clothing that can be taken off as and when you warm up during the class.
Reducing contact points and cleaning
- The less you can touch (other than your own possessions) on arrival, during and leaving class, the safer you and everyone will be.
- We recommend you wear soft soled pumps or dance shoes. If you dance in bare feet, we'll ask you to treat them in the same way as your hands and to sanitise them.
After the class
- Please contact Dancefest immediately if you start to display any symptoms of Covid-19 between our weekly classes
- There are Risk Assessments for our classes. If you would like to see them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you a copy.
If you have any questions or are unsure of anything, please get in touch.