COVID-19 guidelines for children in Dancefest classes
We're so pleased to be able to start live dance classes again!
We want children to have fun and enjoy their sessions in as safe a way as possible. We'll be taking extra measures in cleaning and how sessions are organised, and ask that you help by using the following guidelines.
Please do not bring your child to class if any member of your family is displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, new persistent cough, loss of taste/smell)
Booking and payment:
- Your child must be registered for their class through our online booking system before arriving at the venue or they won't be able to take part.
- Online booking enables us to have up-to-date contact details, in case we need to contact you for Track and Trace.
- Please pay online for your child’s class if you can, so we can avoid touching and handling cash, which helps keep everyone COVID safe.
- If you can’t pay online, please bring the exact money as cash or a cheque (payable to Dancefest Ltd) and put it in the box provided.
- No change will be given because of touching and handling rules.
Drop Off and Pick Up
- When you arrive, please socially distance outside the venue’s entrance until the teacher invites the children in. Guidelines will be posted on the door.
- Parents/guardians are not allowed to watch the session, unless there is a reason related to their child’s health or wellbeing.
When picking up your child, please wait outside, taking note of which exit is being used, as it will probably be a different door to the one used to enter the building.
- If for any reason you need to enter the building, please wear a mask.
Children of primary school age:
- Don't need to wear a mask during the class.
- Should arrive in their dance clothes and will need indoor shoes e.g. pumps, and extra layers of clothing to keep warm, as we will need to keep windows open for ventilation.
- Should put their bags on one of the floor markers around the edge of the room.
- Should bring their own drink.
- Should use the hand sanitiser provided when arriving and leaving.
- During the class, children should always stay 2 metres apart. There will be markers on the floor to help them with this.