Schools receive PE and sport premium funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of their PE and sport offer. Funding is based on the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6 (or aged 5 to 10 in cases where schools don’t follow year groups, for example, in some special schools). Dancefest in Education can help your school to add to the existing PE activities that you already offer. Examples of how your school could use sports funding for dance include:
- Hiring a Dancefest specialist dance teacher to deliver after school clubs
- Encouraging the least active children to take up physical activity regularly
- Running an INSET day or CPD session to provide staff with training and resources to help them teach dance more effectively as part of the PE and sport offer
- Delivering dance workshops as a new activity if your school is not already offering dance
- Organising dance activity with other schools, for example our cluster sharings
- Hiring a Dancefest specialist dance teacher to help your school take part in a Dance in Education Festival, in partnership with the School Games Coordinators
Using Pupil Premium Effectively
We understand the ways in which dance can release creativity and confidence in children and young people and we have identified a menu of workshops linked directly to the curriculum to offer complementary learning activity to classroom based work.
Dancefest workshops can deliver a number of learning approaches, for example collaborative learning and social and emotional learning, that have been identified by the Education Endowment Foundation to help teachers and schools use the pupil premium effectively to support disadvantaged pupils. We can create bespoke workshops to support schools and children supported through Pupil Premium, or you can choose from our menu of key stage and or curriculum based projects.
Dancefest is a registered Arts Award Supporter and has a range of activities and opportunities to help pupils complete Arts Award at Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold levels.