We’re busy expanding the Our Carbon Footprint project, educating children about the climate crisis.
And we're shrinking our own carbon footprints through our quality cross-curricular creative dance sessions and new virtual sharings across the academic year.
The theme covers ecosystems, pollution, migration and environmental change (flooding and drought).
We're mindful of ever-changing frameworks in the current climate and are rolling with the changes along with you, and continually developing new ways we can reach and engage with children both live and digitally.
The creative curriculum and flexible blended learning is available from Monday 22 February 2021 and throughout the academic year
We're very excited to welcome Redditch and Bromsgrove Primary, First and Middle Schools to participate in the Our Carbon Footprint project for the very first time.
What it includes
- 6 weekly 1 hour face-to-face creative dance sessions (if permitted, with C19 guidelines in place)
- or 6 weekly pre-recorded creative dance sessions and resources (delivered digitally as part of your weekly timetable, engaging children learning in school or from home)
- Accessible to different year groups across the academic year
- EYFS, KS1/KS2 specific engaging and insightful schemes of work
- Everyone taking part in our virtual sharing of creative excellence, giving children the opportunity to be both proud performers and part of a virtual audience
- Led by our experienced practitioners with full C19 risk assessments and experience in working in schools working safely during coronavirus
Costs and funding
Creative Curriculum Dance Sessions
- (1 hour weekly) 1 class x 5 = £200
- (2 hours weekly) 2 classes x 5 = £400
Travel from Hereford or Worcester @ 45p per mile (live sessions only)
This project is ideal to be funded using School Sports Premium. We can also offer Dance CPD opportunities.
Though this is our leading topic, get in touch if you'd like a different focus that links with your curriculum mapping - we're open to anything from The Victorians to Space and the Solar System!
Please contact Janene if your school would like to get involved and to find out more.