Dancefest produces outstanding contemporary dance opportunities
Over three decades we have provided opportunities for over 200,000 people to take part in contemporary dance, through our programme of classes, workshops, school and community projects.
We have created outdoor performances on our high streets, at stately homes and in public open spaces (both urban and rural) reaching audiences of over 150,000 people.
We have created communities, nurtured young talent, ignited curious minds and restored spirits. We take people on creative journeys and play a key role in the cultural ecology of our region.
Meet the Team
- Rose Beeston - Artistic Director
- Kitty Ross - Executive Producer
- Michele Holder - Access and Inclusion
- Elizabeth Crosswell - Adults
- Janene Wyatt - Children
- Clare Wood - Young People
- Karey Parsons - Marketing
- Paul Bellamy - Administrator
- Chris Stenton - (Chair) Executive Director of People Dancing
- Manda Graham - (Vice-Chair) Independent Arts Consultant
- Helen Annetts - Freelance PR Consultant
- Johnny Autin - International Dance Artist & Choreographer
- Paul James - Chief Commercial Officer at Birmingham Royal Ballet
- Heidi Murphy - Theatre maker, producer and community engagement consultant, Creative Director of CAGED Arts
We ensure that people’s lives in Herefordshire and Worcestershire are as culturally rich and inspirational as in any of our major cities.
We collaborate with people; in schools, communities, on the streets and in rural spaces – raising local cultural ambition and transforming people’s lives through the power and joy of dance.
- Inspire and challenge - educate and advocate
- Support artists and develop talent
- Improve health and well-being
- Enable anyone to take part, facilitating everyday creativity
- Build cultural ambition for Herefordshire and Worcestershire